My latest full-length album of original songs, The Road That I Must Take is available at popular download and streaming sites.
Song of the Month
This month’s featured song is a brand new remix of my adaptation of “The Lord’s Prayer”. I wrote the music and made minor adaptations to the words of the traditional prayer back in the early 1980s while attending college in Upstate New York. While the song was performed a few times in the early 80s, I didn’t start performing it regularly until 2003 after the Iraq War started. I made an initial recording of it a year later then made the remix that became my first self-released digital single in 2006. This version is a brand new remix based largely on the 2006 version, but with updated sounds and a few new instrumental tracks in addition to an entirely new mix. This recording is currently only available on Bandcamp. It should be available on other music streaming sites and download stores in the near future.
- New Single: The Lord’s Prayer (2020 Remix) - A brand new remix of my adaptation of "The Lord's Prayer", was released on June 26, 2020. It available now on Bandcamp and will soon be available at other popular digital music stores.
- New Single: “It Is Well With My Soul” - My cover of the classic hymn of comfort, "It Is Well With My Soul", was released on May 15, 2020. It now available at popular digital music stores.
- Now Playing on Pandora - You can now listen to some of my music on Pandora. Check out which music is available on my Pandora artist page or stream similar music on Rick Paul Radio.
For a complete list of news items going back as far as 1998, please visit the News Archive.
Recent Blog Entries
- Story Behind the Song: “Stubborn Heart” - “Stubborn Heart” is a song about the conflict between the head and the heart. You know how it goes: The head tries to reason with the heart in matters of crushes, infatuation, love, passion, and various other thinking/feeling conflicts. The heart doesn’t want to hear logic, though. It’s into feelings, even at the risk of ... Read more Story Behind the Song: “Stubborn Heart”
- Looking Back on a Decade - At the end of each year, typically on New Year’s Eve, I take a look back at the year gone by, ahead of refocusing on the new year shortly thereafter. Seeing we’re now entering the 2020s (Happy New Decade!), I thought it might also be interesting to take a look at the decade that just ... Read more Looking Back on a Decade
- Story Behind the Song: “Wishing You Well” - “Wishing You Well”, a song I wrote back in 2007 and recently included on my The Road That I Must Take album, came about as the result of a songwriting challenge. On June 18, 2007, the local Orange County chapter of Just Plain Folks picked two possible song titles, “Wishing You Well” and “The Last ... Read more Story Behind the Song: “Wishing You Well”
For more blog entries, please visit the Blog.
Updated: July 1, 2020