My latest full-length album of original songs, The Road That I Must Take is available at popular download and streaming sites.
Song of the Month
This month’s featured song is a “I Didn’t Think”, in memory of my cowriter, Mary Lou Sudkamp, who passed away late last month after a long struggle with cancer. Mary Lou and I wrote this song and two others (“Undertow” and “What Do You Want to Know”) between 2003 and 2005. This recording was initially released as a single in 2018 then included on my The Road That I Must Take album in 2019. It is available on most popular music streaming and download sites.
- New Single: “Happy Birthday to Me” - I released "Happy Birthday to Me", a song Kathy Schaeffer and I wrote back in 1998, as a single on July 28, 2020 in recognition of my 60th birthday. It available at popular digital music stores.
- New Single: The Lord’s Prayer (2020 Remix) - A brand new remix of my adaptation of "The Lord's Prayer", was released on June 26, 2020. It available now on Bandcamp and will soon be available at other popular digital music stores.
- New Single: “It Is Well With My Soul” - My cover of the classic hymn of comfort, "It Is Well With My Soul", was released on May 15, 2020. It now available at popular digital music stores.
For a complete list of news items going back as far as 1998, please visit the News Archive.
Recent Blog Entries
- Story Behind the Song: “Stubborn Heart” - “Stubborn Heart” is a song about the conflict between the head and the heart. You know how it goes: The head tries to reason with the heart in matters of crushes, infatuation, love, passion, and various other thinking/feeling conflicts. The heart doesn’t want to hear logic, though. It’s into feelings, even at the risk of ... Read more Story Behind the Song: “Stubborn Heart”
- Looking Back on a Decade - At the end of each year, typically on New Year’s Eve, I take a look back at the year gone by, ahead of refocusing on the new year shortly thereafter. Seeing we’re now entering the 2020s (Happy New Decade!), I thought it might also be interesting to take a look at the decade that just ... Read more Looking Back on a Decade
- Story Behind the Song: “Wishing You Well” - “Wishing You Well”, a song I wrote back in 2007 and recently included on my The Road That I Must Take album, came about as the result of a songwriting challenge. On June 18, 2007, the local Orange County chapter of Just Plain Folks picked two possible song titles, “Wishing You Well” and “The Last ... Read more Story Behind the Song: “Wishing You Well”
For more blog entries, please visit the Blog.
Updated: September 1, 2020