My 2014 album of Christmas carols, What Child is This?, feature features traditional Christmas carols performed in modern, and some traditional, arrangements. It is available on CD at Kunaki. You can also find digital downloads at Amazon MP3, Google Play, iTunes, and other online music stores.
Song of the Month
This month’s featured song is "It Started in a Manger", a Christmas song I originally wrote in 1982 but heavily revised in 1996, replacing the entire second verse. (See my blog entry, "Story Behind the Song: ‘It Started in a Manger'” for more on the song’s history.) This recording is from my 2006 EP of original Christmas songs, That Time of Year. It is available in popular digital music stores.
- New Single: “What Are We” - A new single, What Are We, was released on August 18, 2017. Please check the Store page for the latest list of stores carrying the recording.
- New Single: I Don’t Pray Anymore - A brand new single, I Don't Pray Anymore, was released on May 5, 2017. Please check the Store page for the latest list of stores carrying the recording.
- Acoustic Cover of “Time is on My Side” Released - My acoustic cover of the Rolling Stones' classic "Time is on My Side", written by Jerry Ragovoy under the pen name Norman Meade, was released on March 31, 2017. Please check the Store page for the latest list of stores carrying the recording.
For a complete list of news items going back as far as 1998, please visit the News Archive.
Recent Blog Entries
- Thoughts on the Demise of Cakewalk - In an announcement dated November 17, 2017, but which only became public knowledge earlier this week, Gibson Brands, the company that is best known as a guitar maker (e.g. they make Les Paul guitars), announced that they were, “ceasing active development and production of Cakewalk branded products.” The reason stated was, “to better align with ... Read more
- ¡Con Gusto! - When I took Spanish in high school, we learned that the response to, “gracias,” (“thank you”) should be, “¡de nada” (an expression translated as, “you’re welcome,” but literally meaning, “from nothing”, with an intention along the lines of, “there’s nothing to be thankful about”). It makes sense, I guess. I mean, it’s kind of a ... Read more
- The Mid-Year Break - Can you believe we’re already halfway (plus a few days) through 2017? At the start of the year, my “Looking Backward, Looking Forward” blog, in addition to reflecting a bit on the year gone by, speculated a bit on what might be in store for this year. I’d alluded to some recording projects I had ... Read more
For more blog entries, please visit the Blog.
Updated: December 1, 2017