My latest full-length album of original songs, The Road That I Must Take is available at popular download and streaming sites.
Song of the Month
This month’s featured song is “A Rainy Day”, a song I wrote with Michael J. Parker back in the early 2000s. It is dedicated to anyone who might be missing their mother this Mother’s Day. The recording is from my first full-length album of original songs, Love Holds On, which was released in 2009 and is available in popular on-line music stores.
- New Single: “It Is Well With My Soul” - My cover of the classic hymn of comfort, "It Is Well With My Soul", was released on May 15, 2020. It now available at popular digital music stores.
- Now Playing on Pandora - You can now listen to some of my music on Pandora. Check out which music is available on my Pandora artist page or stream similar music on Rick Paul Radio.
- New Single: “Stubborn Heart” - "Stubborn Heart", a song about the battle between the head and the heart, was released on February 14, 2020. It now available at popular digital music stores.
For a complete list of news items going back as far as 1998, please visit the News Archive.
Recent Blog Entries
- Story Behind the Song: “Stubborn Heart” - “Stubborn Heart” is a song about the conflict between the head and the heart. You know how it goes: The head tries to reason with the heart in matters of crushes, infatuation, love, passion, and various other thinking/feeling conflicts. The heart doesn’t want to hear logic, though. It’s into feelings, even at the risk of ... Read more Story Behind the Song: “Stubborn Heart”
- Looking Back on a Decade - At the end of each year, typically on New Year’s Eve, I take a look back at the year gone by, ahead of refocusing on the new year shortly thereafter. Seeing we’re now entering the 2020s (Happy New Decade!), I thought it might also be interesting to take a look at the decade that just ... Read more Looking Back on a Decade
- Story Behind the Song: “Wishing You Well” - “Wishing You Well”, a song I wrote back in 2007 and recently included on my The Road That I Must Take album, came about as the result of a songwriting challenge. On June 18, 2007, the local Orange County chapter of Just Plain Folks picked two possible song titles, “Wishing You Well” and “The Last ... Read more Story Behind the Song: “Wishing You Well”
For more blog entries, please visit the Blog.
Updated: May 1, 2020